Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spicy Adventures by Robert E. Howard

If you're a Robert E. Howard fan and you haven't been following Damon C. Sasser's series of articles "REH Splashes the Spicys" on the REH: Two-Gun Raconteur blog, you really shouldn't miss it. It's a great series, and you can find the first installment here, along with links to the other parts. And if you've never read the stories Damon's writing about, there's never been a better way than in the soon-to-be-published, limited edition volume from the Robert E. Howard Foundation, SPICY ADVENTURES. I pre-ordered my copy as soon as it was announced, and from what I hear they're selling fast, so if you want to get your hands on one, all the ordering info is here. These stories are some of Howard's work that I've reread the least, so I'm looking forward to reading them again.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I haven't preordered but I'll definitely get this when it comes out. Great cover.

Walker Martin said...

I've been aware of this book but your comments have convinced me that I should pre order it. Usually the spicy pulps are for the most part unreadable but it should be interesting to read how Howard handled the formula, etc.

sandySTC said...

I pre-ordered this, because I've ordered books from REH foundation in the past and they are all fantastic.