Friday, May 15, 2009

Catching Up

No Forgotten Book post from me today, but I plan to have one for next week. And I've already picked out my Forgotten Nonfiction Book for the first Friday in June. This has been a very busy week on the writing front, as I finished up the manuscript of one book and also had numerous email discussions about future books . . . none of which I can talk about at the moment, of course. Today I start the manuscript of a new book, which is always a nice feeling.

If you head on over to Vince Keenan's blog, you can read his comments on HUNT AT THE WELL OF ETERNITY, presented in his usual entertaining fashion. Vince mentions several other items of interest, too.

I've been in a reading funk lately, starting books, reading a few pages, and then putting them back. I suspect this is due to the fact that I haven't actually had much time to read and I'm easily distracted, sort of like those new puppies we have (which we've named Nicki and Nora, by the way). Luckily, I've been saved from this funk by the arrival of an ARC of a new book by one of my favorite authors, Ed Gorman. There won't be any setting aside of this one. Look for comments on THE MIDNIGHT ROOM in a few days.

3 comments:

James Bojaciuk said...

James,
I love the puppy names.
James B.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I got mine today too. Yay! If I ever finish reading THE LITTLE STRANGER, I'll read it.

Cap'n Bob said...

I had hamsters I named Nick and Nora and Sandra Scoppettone has cats wityh those names, so the choices are good ones IMHO.