Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy . . .

I've been hit with a bad case of the summer doldrums the past three days, seizing every excuse I can find not to work, so as a result I haven't gotten very much done. I haven't been completely useless during this time, however. I've been reading page proofs for the Civil War novel Livia and I have coming out this fall from Cumberland House, WAR DRUMS, and today I wrote 8 pages on the house-name Western novel currently in the works. I'm sure more productive days will kick back in sooner or later. I just hope it's not September before they do.

I'm also reading a couple of short story collections, THE BIG HUNGER by John Fante and BLACK EVENING by David Morrell. More on them, probably, when I finish them.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I haven't heard the name John Fante in years. I knew a guy at Xavier who did his dissertation on him and I ended up doing a give and take with the researcher on evening. I don't remember many details on Fante now but I do remember I liked his stuff.