Monday, February 27, 2006

Shelves

The Leaning Tower of Paperbacks is no more. Today during breaks in the writing, I did some rearranging in the studio and moved in a couple of sets of shelves that I salvaged from a barn at my folks' place and cleaned up. I moved all the paperbacks from the stacks behind my chair and put them on the shelves, even sorted them by genre so that maybe if I go to look for something, I can actually find it. (What a concept!) Of course, there are still some pulps and digest magazines and research books stacked behind my chair, but not high enough to fall over. And there are other stacks of paperbacks that need to be put up, too. But at least I won't get pelted by falling books anymore . . . until I have a chance to build up the stacks again.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

This past Christmas holiday found me shelving all my to be read and to be reread books in the same general area rather than being spread out all over creation. It was a very good feeling to get that done and thus I share your joy of having held off impending doom via paperback!

Frank Denton said...

Actually I'm beginning to get rid of some books. I'd hate to leave this task for my heirs. Actually sold off nine boxes of books in the last couple of months. Now I can see the floor in a couple of spots in the book room. I don't feel any success yet, but If I keep at it ...

James Reasoner said...

I've thought about trying to sell some of my collection, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. Plus it would be too big a chore to put together a catalog.