Monday, September 20, 2004

DVDs

Someone on one of the Robert E. Howard Yahoo groups (I think it was David Gentzel) mentioned a few days ago that the DVD of THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD, the film from a few years ago about REH and Novalyne Price, had shown up in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart. Since I was at Wal-Mart today, I had to paw through the bin and see for myself if it was there. Sure enough, it was, and I bought a copy. I've seen this movie only once, and a fairly poor video copy at that, but it was at the Cross Plains Public Library during Howard Days one year, so that's gotta count for something. Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the DVD, even though this is the 106-minute version that omits a couple of fairly important scenes that explain why Hester Howard refers to Novalyne as "that Indian girl". Apologies to the non-REH fans out there who have no earthly idea what I'm talking about.

But since it's too late tonight to watch a feature-length movie, and since I probably won't get off my ass long enough to go see SKY CAPTAIN while it's still in the theaters, I thought I'd start watching one of the serials I have on DVD, one chapter per night. I'm leaning toward ZORRO'S BLACK WHIP, starring the beautiful Linda Stirling.

I didn't get any work done today. A visit to Wal-Mart pretty well wipes me out for the day. Plus I had copy-edited MS of a Trailsman novel waiting for me when I got home that I'll need to go through, probably tomorrow.

1 comment:

mybillcrider said...

When I was watching ZORRO'S BLACK WHIP not long ago, Judy's comment was, "Every episode is just the same as all the others."

"And your point is?" I cleverly riposted.