Saturday, July 31, 2004

Numbers Game

I wrote 22 pages today, giving me 290 for the month of July. Some years that would have been a really good month. This year I'm somewhat disappointed in it, since I was trying to average 400 pages a month and now it's doubtful that I'll do so. I know good and well that I'm too obsessive about this stuff, but that's who I am. It keeps me going.

I read three pulp Western stories today, by Lemuel De Bra, Harry F. Olmsted, and Gunnison Steele (Bennie Gardner). All three were pretty good. This evening I've started DERAILED by James Siegel, which I picked up because both Ed Gorman and Bill Crider recently talked about it on their blogs. I'm about 50 pages into it, and I'm wondering, "Is this book gonna get any better?" Not a good sign.

1 comment:

mybillcrider said...

I predict you're gonna hate it. I can also predict the point at which you'll throw it across the room. I nearly did, myself.